EPISODE # 5 // LUTs Demystified
As a filmmaker working today, you will no doubt hear a cinematographer, DIT and/or a colourist talk about LUTs. So what even is a LUT and what do you need to know? In this fun episode, senior colourist Angela Cerasi breaks it down for you so that next time you hear about them you can participate confidently in the conversation.
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- What is a LUT?
- The different types of Technical LUTs.
- Why you would use a Creative LUT.
- If you know only one thing about LUTs, know this…
- The feature colour is…
- Thank you to our awesome sponsor, ON AUDIO POST.
- Special thanks to the Film & TV Technologist, Stuart Pointon at PAVtCAL who read through my script and double-checked all of my techy facts for this episode!
- This is an excellent in-depth conversation about LUTs (and other tech things) between Roger and James Deakins and the colour scientist, Joachim (“JZ”) Zell. You can find that podcast episode here.