EPISODE #1 // Introduction
Talking her way into a Film and TV degree, finding her way on to random film sets and camera assisting on multi-million dollar shoots is where it all began. Senior colourist Angela Cerasi explains why the weather is to blame for her switch from cinematography to colour grading, and how zig zagging through life can build a wonderful career.
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Who is this podcast for and why is it being created?
- Who is Angela Cerasi?
- Film school experiences
- Explaining telecine
- Starting out as a camera assistant
- Character-building jobs and travelling Europe
- The assistant colourist position
- Gary Curran – senior colourist
- Freelancing as a colourist
- Starting the colour grading company, Peachy Keen Colour
RESOURCES DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
“For the next 3 years, I just shot everybody’s films.”
“There’s a life tip here.. something to do with luck being when preparation meets opportunity.”