EPISODE # 9 // Light and Darkness
In life and in art, light and darkness can be representative of good and evil, hope and fear. But what else can it symbolise? How can light and darkness be used as a visual motif and how can it be used in the colour grade to add deeper meaning to your imagery? Senior colourist Angela Cerasi breaks it all down in this episode.
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- The meanings of light and darkness in life and art
- Cinematic motifs
- Vignettes in the colour grade
- Lens flares
- Setting a brightness level for your work
- The feature colour is…
- The T-Stop Inn podcast episode on the Game of Thrones episode “The Long Night”..
- “Wasteland” music video for Irish artist, Mick Flannery, directed by the brilliant Sinead McDevitt
- Thanks to our awesome sponsor, ON AUDIO POST.
- More information on the fascinating life of Elsa Schiaparelli